During many of the past centuries marble has always been tied to luxury and elegance as dictated by its expense. In the last 20 years though, it has become a relatively easy to mine and readily available material that is easy to process and easy to work with. Hence, it is now a viable and affordable option when considering your decorative home options.If you want to know some new features of marble tiles and slabs then you may visit at http://www.stoneconnectionworksurfaces.co.uk/.
While marble has its appeal of luxury, it also provides practical use as well. For many years, the hospitals and clinics that demanded clean and sterile environments utilized marble flooring because of its ability to resist nesting of microscopic organisms and bacteria. Also, there is a tendency to use marble in warm climates because of its ability to ability to stay cool to the touch. Just imagine how nice is it to walk bare foot on cool marble flooring when the temperatures outside near and exceed triple digits.
Since the Roman days, marble has been a trusted material and solid choice for flooring, countertops and wall tile. Our knowledge of the material today provides us with the ability to maintain and extend its original look many years after installation. The checklist below will help you keep your marble looking brand new:
* Research marble and decide if it is the most effective choice for you installation. Consider the location, types of traffic it will get, and make sure you have the time and resources to care for it properly.
* Marble is natural stone. This means that natural color and pattern defects will be present. Work smart with it to use these variations to your advantage.
* Get thoroughly familiar with the shipment you receive. Intimate knowledge of the color and pattern variations will help with your pre-planning of laying the material out.
* Proper installation sites include clean dry and level areas. Manage the details here. This will ensure both short and long term success.
* Marble flooring requires a regular cleaning and polishing regimen. Choose the appropriate cleaners and sealers.