Listed below are six steps that you may take to help ensure an effective shoot:
1. Decide the clothing choice. You should decide the clothing of your child first and then match your clothes accordingly to his. This is because you need to ensure that your child first wears his comfortable clothes. The pattern of the clothes needs not much attention. The emphasis should be on the youngster.
2. Let your child have proper rest. You must never schedule an image capture at your child’s nap time.
3. Bring your son or daughter's favorite toy, doll or blanket. Not merely might your photographer choose to make use of it in a few photographs (which really is a great memory for old age) but, it shall go quite a distance in comforting your son or daughter. A beautiful family photography session can render you the most unique and precious clicks.
4. Don't stand next to the photographer telling your son or daughter to say Mozzarella cheese! Your child might not feel comfortable this way. Always stand close to your child and instruct him/her.
5. Explain the photo session to your son or daughter, a couple of days before the session. Make them pose and practice a bit to make sure they don’t feel nervous on the actual day.
6. Do not make it seem to be so important. Children just want fun. Do not get so obsessed with the shoot that you make the child feel uncomfortable.